I had gone a-begging from door to door in the
village path when thy golden chariot appeared in
the distance like a gorgeous dream and I wondered
who was the king of all kings!
My hopes rose high and I thought my evil days
were at an end, and I stood for alms to be
given unasked and for wealth scattered on all sides
in the dust.
The chariot stopped where I stood. Thy glance
fell on me and thou camest down with a smile, I felt
that the luck of my life had come at last. Then
of a sudden thou didst hold out thy right hand
and say "Why hast thou to give me?"
Ah, what a kingly jest was it to open thy palm
to a beggar to beg ! I was confused and stood
undecided and then from my wallet I slowly
took out the least little grain of corn and gave it to thee.
But how great my surprise when at the day's
end I emptied my bag on the floor to find a least
little grain of gold among the poor heap. I bitterly
wept and wished that I had had the heart to give
thee my all.
No more noisy, loud words from me---such is my master's will. Henceforth I deal in whispers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
रुद्राष्टाध्यायी का आध्यात्मिक और आधिभौतिक अर्थ
रुद्राष्टाध्यायी का आध्यात्मिक और आधिभौतिक अर्थ एक बात शुरुआत में स्पष्ट करना उपयोगी है— रुद्राष्टाध्यायी केवल भगवान शिव की स्तुति नहीं ह...
-
हम घूम चुके बस्ती-वन में इक आस का फाँस लिए मन में कोई साजन हो, कोई प्यारा हो कोई दीपक हो, कोई तारा हो जब जीवन-रात अंधेरी हो इक बार कहो तुम म...
-
जी करता है, कुछ लिखूं, लिखता ही चला जाऊं, जीवन एक अबूझ पहेली, इसी बारी सुलझाऊं ! कैसे सृजन हुआ सृष्टि का, कैसे बने सितारें ? कैसे बने चाँद औ...
-
साँस चलती है तुझेचलना पड़ेगा ही मुसाफिर! चल रहा है तारकों कादल गगन में गीत गाताचल रहा आकाश भी हैशून्य में भ्रमता-भ्रमाता पाँव के नीचे पड़ीअचल...
No comments:
Post a Comment